Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Very late August favorites



I have been feeling under the weather so much lately that my blog also suffered from it. However, I am feeling really productive today so hopefully things will get better. Does the weather affect you as well?


Anyway, it's time for the much overdue August favorites.  As you can see, it's been a very nail oriented month, especially because I spent some of it at the seaside and we all know what sea and sand and being all-around crazy will do to your nails...

Two of these I actually picked up in the USA – the OPI »I'm not really a Waitress« (BTW, the names of OPI polishes crack me up, I spent a good ten minutes just reading them and laughing out loud, which is much less unusual in America as it would be at our local DM store). Unlike most nail polishes, this one actually comes across a bit darker than I would have imagined, but that's OK, because it will be a pretty fall color as well. I love the consistency (it's my first OPI and I didn't know what to expect), but above all I love that it actually lasts more than 2 days on my nails. So, favorite it is. 

Next nail polish that I've been wearing all summer long is the Essie Mint Candy Apple. It's the perfect mint shade that looks good on both hands and feet and is also easy to combine with other pastels. This would be my favorite color of the summer. 

On top of both, I've been using the Essie Good to go top coat, which gives the nails a bit of shine but above all makes them dry super fast. I've never been a believer in these formulas because none have worked so far – but Essie's works! It basically dries up 2 coats of any nail polish in under a minute and seals them perfectly. I believe this top coat is also available in DM stores in Slovenia. It cost about 8 $ in USA. 

Moving on from the nail polishes, I've got to include my EOS balm in blueberry acai. These balms are absolutely perfect to throw in the bag because they are sturdy and will never crack or open.  All EOS are made without parabens and 100 % natural. This is an added bonus. You can find them in any of the larger international online stores and they cost about 5-6 €. I think it's only a matter of time before we'll see them in Slovenia as well. 

Last but not least is another item that I picked up at Licila.si . It was a spontaneous purchase but I must say the best one I've made in a long time. This Makeup Revolution Kajal liner is one of the best things ever. The packaging is super nice and the ribbon at the end is a nice touch. 



However what really separates this product from other liners out there is its multipurpose use. You can use it as  a semi-precise liner (although don't try creating a cat-eye with it since it's too thick for that), as a liner which you smudge afterwards and also as a base for other colors. I've tried to create a smoky eye with this for a base and it worked perfectly. 

What were your summer favorites?

Until next time, stay beautiful, stay awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment