Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Makeup Revolution Ultra Sculpt & Contour Kit

If you follow me on Instagram (@low_maintenance_beauty), you probably noticed that I received a few packages from Licila.si and Makeuprevolution.si through the month of May. Well, one of the packages got me all excited and today, I'd like to do a quick review of the product. 

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past two years, you know that it's not all about the bass (no treble, lalala), but rather, it's all about contouring. When looking at photos, I feel like I could cut bread with some of the cheebones of various models and actresses. And with this new trend came a myraid of new products, intended specifically for the purpose, creating  a whole new category of beauty product – the contour kits. 

Anyway, I was sent the Makeup Revolution Ultra Sculpt & Contour Kit in light-medium. 


The palette brings three different products – a matte bronzer, a highlighter and a shimmer blush.
The packaging itself is nothing special, but that can be expected for the price range (with the exception of the MUR Iconic Pro lipsticks I wrote about here – how about that for spectacular packaging). It's a plastic palette with a mirror. I like that it closes up really well – I wouldn't be worried to travel with it. 

The bronzer has a milk chocolate color and is all matte. For my fair skin, it's stuck somewhere in the middle – a bit to warm to be a contour color and a bit too dark to use as a bronzer all over my face. I did however try to use it over NYX Taupe blush that I sometimes use for contouring and it really emphasized what I was going for. That, for me atleast, is now the perfect contour combo.

Highlighter is really, really nice – I don't have anything like this in pressed powder version yet. The color ranges somewhere between peach and champagne and is spectacular on the high points of the face. I would say that a light touch is needed, though, since it really does contain quite a lot of shimmer. 

The same applies for the blush. The color looks quite dark and really brown in the palette, but once applied it turns into a lovely copper blush with orange undertones and a lot  of shimmer.  Again, it will be the perfect summer blush for those sunkissed cheeks, but for now, I'm keeping it in the closet, since I'm still rocking the tan of a Google computer programmer. 

I need to say that I had plenty kick-out with the Real Techniques brushes and absolutely none with any of my other brushes. I can't really put my finger on what makes the difference, but I think that it's a nice little reminder for any of you.

Here are the swatches – bronzer, highlight and blush from left to right. I tried to seek out some dupes but quickly realized that these colors  are completely unique to my collection.

 
The quality and pigmentation reminds me very much of the Sleek contour palette, but while the Sleek palettes cost about 14 € on Licila.si, this one will be about a third of the price. So far, it's not yet available in this particular shade (Ultra Fair), but you can already get your hands on the Ultra Light palette (click). I think that it's absolutely worth the money and give it my seal of approval. 

What is your favorite contour palette? Let me know below – I only have four different ones and really feel that I could do with a couple more ;)

Stay beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment