Pages

Monday, June 20, 2016

MONDAY MADNESS: NBB (New Bits and Bobs) from May - review



Two weeks ago, I published a post with all the new products I bought or received in May (*click* to view the original post). Now, it’s time for short and quick reviews of the products – if you want a more detailed review for any of the products, let me know in the comments!

The L’Oreal Make-up remover says it’s not greasy, but it definitely is. I don’t mind it as much as I thought I would. It removes my make up great, even the waterproof mascara, so I'll continue using it.

I quickly realized that I really cannot and should not be using anti-perspirants, no matter how badly I want to be sweat free. I didn’t like the Garnier InvisiCalm since it made my skin really sticky and weird feeling, so I threw it away.

I’ve rambled on and on about Nivea Protect&Refresh line already and I am a big fan. I’ve been using this sunscreen on every sunny outing so far and I am a big fan of the cooling effect. 

The Mirati face wash gets a big thumbs up as well – it is a soft cooling gel that makes my face squeaky clean. I haven’t had any bad reaction to it and my skin is looking pretty great, if I say so myself. I’ve noticed that I only need the smallest amount to make it work, so this tub will last me ages.

I love the Golden Rose Silky Touch Blush (n. 207) – it’s a lovely coral shade and I’ve been using it loads in the last couple of weeks. It’s not too bright for a regular day out, but it gives my skin a healthy look. The same can be said for the Avon Glow Bronzing Pearls, which absolutely don’t work as a bronzer, but are a very nice highlight. The only thing is that the pearls get stuck between the brush bristles so it’s a bit of a hassle to use. 


I was impressed with the Ciate polishes. They are quite opaque, giving a perfect color in two thin coats. It doesn’t last as long as I’d like on my nails, but I can get a good three days without chipping out of it. I am surely going to buy more polishes from Ciate brand. 

This Revlon Uniq One coconut hair treatment was pretty rubbish, to be honest. It is a leave in treatment which I am normally a fan of, but it made my hair sticky and greasy, although I only used the tiniest amount. 

Unfortunately, I just can’t get the Avon Outstanding Eyes dual-ended kohl eyeliner to work for me. It’s a bit too hard and doesn’t translate well to my oily eyelids, so the color payoff is minimal and I have to go over it with another pencil. 

On the other hand, I am a big fan of the Freedom London Duo Powder since it’s the perfect shade for me, the texture is nice and soft and the brush picks up the product very nicely. It is also very long lasting, which means a lot if you’re running around the house like a mad person the entire day. 


The I heart makeup palette in Salted Caramel was unfortunately quite a disappointment. While I love the colors, the color payoff itself is really not there in many of the shades. I think that I will do a separate review of this palette since the difference between different shades in terms of pigmentation and texture is quite big.

This year will be the year of lipsticks for me, I can already tell. I’ve been loving each and every one of the lippies in the photo above, with the exception of Laura Mercier Milky way, which is a bit too drying for my taste. The Kat Von D and Golden Rose are both soft and super pigmented and sit very nicely on the lips. NARS Dolce Vita is a bit more sheer, but a bit more hydrating as well. I appreciate the fact that the Golden Rose Matte Crayon really does give a completely matte effect – I’ve tried overlining my lips with it once and it turned out great. And the Marc Jacobs lip liner is very nice, although I’m so afraid of breaking it that I really get nervous using it (but that’s just me).

It’s been a good month, to be honest. On the 1st Monday in July, expect a new NBB post with everything I bought or received in June.

Until then, stay beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. sami čudoviti izdelki na kupu :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Več ali manj res, ja. Pazim, kaj dobi dovoljenje za vstop v mojo sveto kopalnico ;)

      Delete