Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Wet n Wild – Comfort Zone Palette


This is one of the many reviews that were promised so long ago when I first went through the USA haul. I picked up several palettes overseas and this is one of them – the first one that I actually started to use during the trip. It was also the least expensive of all the palettes that I bought  – I picked it up for about $5 at Walgreens. 


The palette consists of 8 colors in earth tones. Again, it's a palette for dummies because every shade has an inscription where it should be used – browbone, eyelid, crease and definer. Generally this means that they should/could be used in quads, but of course every other combination is also possible. 

The packaging is nothing special which can be expected for this price, but it is sturdy enough to survive any travel. I also dropped it once already and it survived the experience unharmed.
The left side is the one I have used much more so far, especially since it's a bit lighter and in my opinion somewhat more appropriate for summer. 


The colors in the left side of the palette are absolutely beautiful. I was somewhat afraid of so much shimmer but everything seems to fall into place when using these colors. I don't always use the definer (bottom) color, depending on the occasion. There is almost no fallout and all the colors are super pigmented – you only need to touch the darker ones with the brush and you'll get more than enough product. 

My only complaint regarding these four shades would be about the browbone color – I personally find this shade of beige it a bit too yellow and would prefer it to be a bit whiter. Still, the left side is getting a lot of use. The color I love the most is the eyelid color – a nice light copper tone. 

On the right side, the colors are a bit darker and haven't gotten that much use yet – these shades seem more appropriate for autumn and winter. 



What really fascinates me with these shades is the undertones – you don't really see them when looking at the palette, but when you swatch it you're in for a surprise. Just check out the far right swatch (the definer) – while it looks kind of funny brownish-blue in the palette, it gives off a dark red-brown color which is perfect for some added definition. 

The color I like the least in this right column is the eyelid – it is much lighter than it seems and also probably the least pigmented from all the colors in the palette. Still, it's pigmented enough that you can layer it for a stronger look. 

Generally, this is one of the best palettes that I've seen so far. For such a small amount of money, it's an absolute bargain. I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the 8-color palettes from Wet n Wild. 

Do you own this or any similar palettes? I would love to know your opinion!

Until next time, stay beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment